Advanced Auditing Skills
This course teaches the principles and practices of effective management systems and process audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2018, “Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems”.
Experienced instructors assist students in reviewing audit skills, understanding different approaches to carrying out audits and establishing the link between business performance and the work of the auditor.
In addition to auditing skills and practices, this specialized course also addresses some basic elements of the Root Cause Analysis approach to problem solving, with a specific focus on Cause & Effect Diagrams (Ishikawa) and the 5 Whys approach.
Who Should Take It
Anyone responsible for completing audits internally or externally.
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 definitions, concepts and guidelines.
- Understand the Process Approach.
- Initiate the audit and conduct opening meetings.
- Understand auditor responsibilities.
- Conduct on-site audit activities (gathering evidence, interviewing skills, etc.).
- Communicate effectively during the audit.
- Generate audit findings.
- Prepare audit conclusions and conduct closing meetings.
- Report audit results and conduct an audit follow-up.
- Demonstrate how auditing helps the organization achieve its objectives.
- Apply different approaches to managing the audit program.
- Gain commitment for the program at all levels.
- Use techniques to ensure that they identify and audit the real issues of concern to the business.
- Deliver audits that identify opportunities for improvement.
- Understand the causes of ineffective problem solving and how it affects both individuals and the organization.
- Understand the key principles of effective problem solving.
- Use Cause & Effect Diagrams (Ishikawa Diagrams) to identify major factors contributing to a problem, as well as possible causes for those factors.
- Confirm relevant Cause/Effect relationships using the “5 Whys” technique.
Fundamental Auditing Skills course or equivalent experience in auditing a QMS.
Public Course Dates
On-site group training is delivered at your place of business and can be customized to meet your specific requirements. Contact The Business Resource Centre to schedule your next on-site group training event.
Please call 1-888-535-1401 or fill out the form below to request a quote.
Public training is available for this course. Locations and dates can be found using the form below. Please fill out and submit the form to register for this course.
Online training is available for this course. Please fill out and submit the form to register for this course.