CSA Z1000-14 Internal Auditor
This CSA Z1000-14 Internal Auditor course has been developed to provide participants with a detailed understanding of the requirements of the CSA Z1000-14 standard, along with the required knowledge and skills that will enable them to plan, perform and document internal audits.
Canada’s National Standard for occupational health and safety management, the Z1000 standard sets out the framework for an occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS) and follows the Plan-Do-Check-Act model that facilitates integration with the other management systems embraced by progressive organizations (e.g. ISO 14001, ISO 9001, etc.)
Developed with the participation of organized labour, management and government representatives, Z1000-14 is designed to help organizations improve their occupational health & safety performance, with the intent of preventing workplace injuries, illnesses and fatalities.
Who Should Take It
Any of those responsible for or involved in the set up, auditing and maintenance for the requirements of the health and safety program for their company.
- Acquire knowledge of the requirements of the CSA Z1000-14 standard.
- Learn the importance of setting up the standard to ensure conformity with existing OHS policy and how this standard relates to other health and safety standards (e.g. OHSAS 18001).
- Appreciate the roles and responsibilities of the Auditor.
- Apply the concepts and guidelines detailed in ISO 19011:2018 when performing an audit.
- Practice all phases of an internal audit including creating checklists, evaluating evidence and writing reports.
- Develop the necessary communication skills, leadership skills and attitudes to perform an internal audit.
There is no required prerequisite, though previous experience with the CSA Z1000-14 standard and/or occupational health & safety procedures and processes would be helpful.
Public Course Dates
On-site group training is delivered at your place of business and can be customized to meet your specific requirements. Contact The Business Resource Centre to schedule your next on-site group training event.
Please call 1-888-535-1401 or fill out the form below to request a quote.
Public training is available for this course. Locations and dates can be found using the form below. Please fill out and submit the form to register for this course.
Online training is available for this course. Please fill out and submit the form to register for this course.