ISO 14001:2015 Internal Auditor
Building on knowledge acquired through previous training in the requirements of ISO 14001:2015, this course delivers the practical knowledge required to conduct internal audits of an ISO 14001:2015 EMS.
A review of ISO 14001:2015 to ensure thorough and common understanding of the new requirements is followed by information on how to conduct audits in accordance with the ISO 9000 series of standards:
- ISO 19011:2018 – “Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems”, and
- “Guidance on the Concept and Use of the Process Approach for Management Systems”.
Through a balance of formal presentations, case studies, simulation of audit activities and group activities, participants will learn the necessary elements to perform an environmental management system audit.
Who Should Take It
Individuals with responsibility for management, operation, implementation or maintenance of an ISO 14001 EMS. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Those responsible for transitioning their organization’s EMS to meet the new requirements.
- Senior Management
- ISO Coordinators, Environmental Managers & Management Representatives
- Members of the Environmental Team and/or Internal Audit Team
- ISO 14001 Auditors, Environmental Specialists and Consultants
- Review the new standard’s requirements (review of each section and its requirements).
- Recognize the main changes contained within the substance of the new draft requirements and how they will impact your Environmental Management System.
- Understand the new concepts of “documented information”, “Leadership”, “Life Cycle Perspective” and “Threats and Opportunities”.
- Appreciate the roles and responsibilities of the Auditor.
- Apply the concepts and guidelines detailed in ISO 19011:2018 when performing an audit.
- Practice all phases of an internal audit (using checklists, recording evidence, writing reports, etc.).
- Develop the communication skills, leadership skills and attitudes required to perform internal audits.
Attendees should already be familiar with the ISO 14001:2015 standard and its requirements for environmental management systems. “Understanding & Implementing ISO 14001:2015″ is strongly recommended as prerequisite training.
Public Course Dates
On-site group training is delivered at your place of business and can be customized to meet your specific requirements. Contact The Business Resource Centre to schedule your next on-site group training event.
Please call 1-888-535-1401 or fill out the form below to request a quote.
Public training is available for this course. Locations and dates can be found using the form below. Please fill out and submit the form to register for this course.
Online training is available for this course. Please fill out and submit the form to register for this course.