Second Party Auditing Skills
This course will develop participants’ understanding of auditing skills required to conduct audits from a second party perspective (i.e. auditing your suppliers, vendors and/or contractors).
Participants will gain an understanding of the ISO 9001:2015 standard as a model for the required elements involved in a quality management system, and learn the skills and techniques required to plan and conduct effective supplier audits as detailed in the ISO 19011:2018 guide to auditing.
Course material is delivered through a combination of lecture, exercises and role-playing activities.
Who Should Take It
Those who will manage, conduct or participate in second party audits of suppliers, vendors and/or contractors.
- Understand the elements of an effective quality management system.
- Understand the Process Approach to auditing.
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 definitions, concepts and guidelines.
- Understand auditor responsibilities.
- Initiate the audit and conduct opening meetings.
- Create appropriate checklists for second party audits.
- Conduct on-site audit activities (gathering evidence, interviewing skills, etc.).
- Communicate effectively during the audit.
- Generate audit findings.
- Prepare audit conclusions and conduct closing meetings.
- Use techniques to identify and audit the real issues of concern to the business.
None. This is an introductory course for new auditors or those wanting refresher training. No previous background or training is required.
Public Course Dates
On-site group training is delivered at your place of business and can be customized to meet your specific requirements. Contact The Business Resource Centre to schedule your next on-site group training event.
Please call 1-888-535-1401 or fill out the form below to request a quote.
Public training is available for this course. Locations and dates can be found using the form below. Please fill out and submit the form to register for this course.
Online training is available for this course. Please fill out and submit the form to register for this course.