Understanding & Implementing ISO 45001:2018
This 2-day course delivers an in-depth review of the ISO 45001:2018 requirements for occupational health and safety management systems.
Intended for members of the organization’s implementation team, this course teaches the standard’s requirements through discussion and immersive, hands-on exercises, and will review approaches and techniques for implementing these requirements within an organization.
See below for a full list of public course dates.
Who Should Take It
Individuals with responsibility for management, operation, implementation or maintenance of an ISO 45001 OHSMS. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Those responsible for transitioning their organization’s OHSMS to meet the new requirements.
- Senior Management
- ISO Coordinators, Occupational Health & Safety Managers, and Management Representatives
- Members of the Occupational Health & Safety Team and/or Internal Audit Team
- ISO 45001 Auditors, Occupational Health & Safety Professionals and Consultants
- Understand Annex SL – the “Structured Layer” design of the new standard (i.e. new numbering system for clauses that will be consistent across standards).
- Become familiar with the ISO 45001:2018 standard’s requirements (review of each section and its requirements).
- Understand the timeline for transition from previous editions and how it will affect your OHSMS (documentation, training, registration, etc.).
- Understand requirements around “risk and opportunities” that may affect the ability of the management system to achieve results.
- Understand the “Context of the Organization” and how it is used to establish, implement and maintain an ISO 45001:2018 OHSMS.
- Understand requirements related to “consultation and participation of workers”.
- Identify the requirements for “Documented Information” and how this will (and will not) require changes to your existing documentation.
- Understand the practical implication of the new requirements around “Leadership”.
- Identify the general approach to implementing an ISO 45001:2018 OHSMS.
- Learn how to use the Gap Analysis as a tool to create an action plan for implementation.
None. This is an introductory course.
Public Course Dates
On-site group training is delivered at your place of business and can be customized to meet your specific requirements. Contact The Business Resource Centre to schedule your next on-site group training event.
Please call 1-888-535-1401 or fill out the form below to request a quote.
Public training is available for this course. Locations and dates can be found using the form below. Please fill out and submit the form to register for this course.
Online training is available for this course. Please fill out and submit the form to register for this course.