Environmental Systems / ISO 14001
Quality Management Systems are used by many companies in different industries to identify and manage environmental risks, to demonstrate a commitment to the environment, and many times to enhance their corporate reputation.
In some industries, large organizations are expecting their suppliers to demonstrate environmental reponsibility, and even to maintain a compliant or certified EMS as a condition of doing business.
ISO 14001 Has Been Revised
ISO 14001:2015 was released in late 2015. This revision is intended to ensure that the standard is in line with current thinking, and that Environmental Management Systems are taking advantage of today’s knowledge, technology and practices.
See The BRC’s new ISO 14001:2015 courses below, along with additional 14001:2004 courses to support existing systems.
Understanding & Implementing ISO 14001:2015
An in-depth study of the new ISO 14001:2015 standard for Environmental Management Systems.
- Learn the requirements through hands-on exercises and class discussion.
- Review approaches to implementing requirements and key concepts (threats and opportunities, life cycle perspective, leadership, etc.).
- Critical knowledge for leadership, management and team members who need to understand the new requirements of ISo 14001:2015.
ISO 14001:2015 Internal Auditor
Building on knowledge acquired through previous training in the requirements of ISO 14001:2015, this course delivers the practical knowledge required to conduct internal audits of an ISO 14001:2015 EMS.
A review of ISO 14001:2015 to ensure thorough and common understanding of the new requirements is followed by information on how to conduct audits in accordance with the ISO 9000 series of standards:
- ISO 19011:2011 – “Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems”, and
- “Guidance on the Concept and Use of the Process Approach for Management Systems”.
Through a balance of formal presentations, case studies, simulation of audit activities and group activities, participants will learn the necessary elements to perform an environmental management system audit.
ISO 14001:2004 Training Courses
Understanding ISO 14001:2004
Highlights the requirements of the ISO 14001:2004 standard and delivers an understanding of what is involved in a practical, working Environmental Management System in any business environment.
Understanding & Implementing ISO 14001:2004
Ensures an understanding of the ISO 14001:2004 standard and provides clarity and guidance on the steps required to implement, monitor, measure and evaluate an Environmental Management System in a variety of production and service environments.
ISO 14001:2004 Internal Auditor
A review of the ISO 14001:2004 standard, followed by in-depth instruction on the skills and techniques required to participate as a member of an auditing team.
- Combines presentations and case studies with individual and group exercises to teach the skills required to perform internal environmental audits.
- Adheres to ISO 19011:2011 auditing guidelines and emphasizes the Process Approach to auditing.
Other Environmental Training Courses
Understanding & Implementing RC14001:2008
Participants will gain an understanding of the ISO 14001:2004 standard and the additional elements required by the RC14001:2008 technical specification.
This course also includes guidance that will help clarify and simplify what is needed to implement a practical, working RC14001:2008 EMS in a variety of production and service environments.