An in-depth study of the ISO 14001:2015 standard for Environmental Management Systems.
Learn the requirements through hands-on exercises and class discussion, and review approaches to implementation. Critical knowledge for leadership, management and team members who need understand the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
Who Should Take It
Individuals with responsibility for management, operation, implementation or maintenance of an ISO 14001 EMS. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Those responsible for implementing an ISO 14001:2015 EMS or transitioning their organization’s EMS to meet the new requirements
- Senior Management
- ISO Coordinators, Environmental Managers & Management Representatives
- Members of the Environmental Team and/or Internal Audit Team
- ISO 14001 Auditors, Environmental Specialists and Consultants
- Understand Annex SL – the “Structured Layer” design of the Standard (i.e. numbering system for clauses that will be consistent across standards).
- Become familiar with the standard’s requirements (review of each section and its requirements).
- Understand the timeline for transition from the previous edition and how it will affect your environmental program (documentation, training, registration, etc.).
- Identify the general approach to implementing the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
- Understand the concept identifying risks associated with “Threats and Opportunities”.
- Identify the requirements for “documented information” and how this will (and will not) require changes to your existing documentation.
- Understand the practical implication of the requirements around “leadership”.
- Understand the concept of using a “life cycle perspective” when identifying aspects and impacts.
- Learn how to use the Gap Analysis as a tool to create an action plan for implementation.
- Build the confidence of EMS team members as you prepare your implementation project.
Public Course Dates
On-site group training is delivered at your place of business and can be customized to meet your specific requirements. Contact The Business Resource Centre to schedule your next on-site group training event.
Please call 1-888-535-1401 or fill out the form below to request a quote.
Public training is available for this course. Locations and dates can be found using the form below. Please fill out and submit the form to register for this course.
Online training is available for this course. Please fill out and submit the form to register for this course.