Layered Process Auditing
Layered Process Auditing, also known as LPA, is a formalized approach to auditing that focuses time and energy to ensure that high risk processes and error proofing devices are working properly and not exhibiting a great deal of variation. In an LPA system, a collection of audits is performed on a regular basis, at a predetermined frequency, by multiple layers of management from across the organization, and containment/correction activities are included as part of the process.
This course material will cover the requirements for Manufacturing Process Audits as required by IATF 16949:2016 and the AIAG Guidelines for Layered Process Audits (using CQI-8, January 2014). Theory is combined with interactive workshops and exercises to improve and practice the participants’ skills.
Who Should Take It
- Individuals or teams interested in developing a layered audit system.
- Managers whose departments will be subject to these audits – to help them appreciate the benefits that these structured audits can produce.
- Individuals with responsibility for carrying out Layered Process Audits within the organization.
This course will provide the participants with an understanding of:
- What a Layered Process Audit is and how it differs from other audit formats;
- The benefits and risks associated with implementing these process audits;
- The relationship between IATF 16949:2016 and internal quality system audits;
- How to plan and conduct Layered Process Audits;
- The development of check sheets;
- How to properly prepare audit reports; and
- The basics of Corrective Action.
A basic understanding of process documentation (process flow diagrams) or previous auditing experience.
Public Course Dates
On-site group training is delivered at your place of business and can be customized to meet your specific requirements. Contact The Business Resource Centre to schedule your next on-site group training event.
Please call 1-888-535-1401 or fill out the form below to request a quote.
Public training is available for this course. Locations and dates can be found using the form below. Please fill out and submit the form to register for this course.
Online training is available for this course. Please fill out and submit the form to register for this course.